Monday, December 19, 2011

Kitchen Sink Cookies

It's holiday time. Which means LOTS of baking.

Things got a little messy with the flour.


I don't know where in the world I would be with out this mixer.


I added pretty much every mix-in I could find in the pantry


And various other candy lying around the house...


The best cookies are formed with a cookie scoop, and a glass of wine never hurts the process.


YUM


Tomorrow I am getting together with a good friend of mine for Christmas cookie making/decorating, general Christmas festivities and lots of wine. It's going to be amazing. Trying to maximize our time, I made the sugar cookie dough ahead of time last night so it's really to roll out and bake. White going through the cabinets to gather ingredients I noticed the abundance of baking supplies and knew I had to make a batch of something to bake up right then and there. Besides I had all this butter already softened!

So I threw together the Nestle Toll-house chocolate chip cookie recipe, and added:
- handful of chocolate chips
- 3/4 bag of butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (more possible I didn't measure) chopped pecans
- handful of Hersey kisses, chopped
Mix these up really good and then added a drizzle of espresso concentrate. Aka espresso powder mixed into a small amount of water to make a thick syrupy liquid.

I was pretty hesitant about how edible they would be, after all I was just throwing ingredients together. But based on the fact that Ralph ate about six of them I'd say they turned out just fine.

What are you baking this holiday?

xx Sara

No comments: