Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Time to Give

I am flat out CRAZY for a good cause!

As many of my friends and family already know, I got my REAL start in running thanks to a fantastic organization, National AIDS Marathon Training Program, while I was living in San Francisco. It was an amazing experience to meet people on my level, there were fantastic coaches and trainers with all sorts of advise, and best of all I was doing something good for my self while helping others. And now after a few years and a handful of races later I am looking to give back again, and in a HUGE way.
I have joined forces with Team Challenge in order to raise money and awareness for the The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America while training to complete a half marathon on June 27th. If you know me, you know I would run a half marathon anyways, so you know that the real important part is doing something that touches others. And what's more there are people close to my heart that have been affected by these diseases and to be able to help them by means the world to me.
If your going to do something, you might as well go all the way right? So instead of just banging everyone over the head begging for dollars I am planning a few fundraisers, including a Pub Crawl through my very own city of Philadelphia!
But just in case you are too far away to attend any of my events, I can't stop you from visiting my fundraising page and making a donation!

xx Sara

No comments: