Saturday, May 15, 2010

When the boy is away the girl will... watch trashy tv!

Boyfriend is out of town for a bachelor party this weekend and I can do whatever I want tonight. So what do you think the first thing that came to my mind was? Cleaning of course, I am so predictable and also boring. Of course I will be catching up on all the good reality TV while I'm doing all the scrubbing, dusting and laundry.

Saturday morning started like usual, with the weekly long run at Valley Forge Park with Team Challenge. 11 miles went off with out a hitch, the rest had paid off and I had no pain what so ever. It was a beautiful sunny day, a bit of a breeze, but overall just perfect for a long run. I couldn't have asked for a better time. Everyone on the team is making great progress, we are raising a ton of money for a great cause and I continue to learn more about my self as a runner with every week of the program.

As soon as I got home though, I knew I needed to dedicate some serious time to my couch instead of diving head first into my chores like I typically do. I made myself a nice large glass of chocolate milk (my new absolute favorite thing) and then passed out for about two hours. Part of me felt a little guilt for laying around inside on such a gorgeous day but when I consider the fact that I was awake at 6:30 this morning I figure it's not that bad and it would make for a better day. There were so many things on my to do list but right now I needed rest.

When I woke up, feeling worse that before, I realized it probably was not the smartest idea to not have a little something to eat before my nap. The only thing I ate all day was an English muffin with peanut butter pre run, and then my chocolate milk. My stomach was not very happy and neither was my head, I quickly put on a pot of coffee, ate a bowl of cereal, 1/2 a banana and a glass of water. And then the cleaning could commence!

Laundry, cleaning out my closet, cleaning out the refrigerator, and looking for an apartment were all on my list of things to do. Finding an apartment feels like a part time job. I do not enjoy it. Probably because I am picky and kind of cheap. Every time I feel like I have found something that might have potential I find that it has bad reviews or a bad neighborhood, or *gasp* a tiny kitchen. I am a bit of a kitchen snob. So much so that I am seriously considering living in a studio apartment so I can have a nice kitchen. Hey at least I know what I like and need. Cooking makes me happy and I need a nice kitchen to be able to do so.

That was project number one. Project number two is cleaning out my closet which is making me quite sad. Over the course of my three year employment with LP I have amassed a wonderful collection of clothes. At the time I would by a few pieces here and there, but after my first sample sale, I clued in on the fact that sample size garments are sometimes the cheapest. I began buying a lot of size 6 things, even though they were a tad too big. About a month ago I realized I have been in serious size denial of how much smaller I've become since running consistently and not overeating to compensate for the exercise. Where as before I would say "oh I worked out tonight I can have extra ice cream", now I eat a lot less desserts and a lot more fruits and veggies. So all my beloved Lillys had to be sorted and tried on, deciding if it was going to go to the "give away" pile or back in the closet. On the plus side I guess I was making room for new Lillys! I also make it a pile of "to be altered" things, whether by me of a tailor. I may be a good sewer and fit clothes for a living but I don't have the time to fit my own things. My goal through all of this was also to clear off the piano/keyboard in my bedroom which for the past year has been serving as a shelf for all my clothes that didn't fit into my two closets or dresser. My name is Sara and I own far too much clothing for my own good.

Peppered in though all these housewife tasks was a good healthy does of iced coffee and reality TV via Hulu. The Hills, Real Housewives, etc. There is a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge as I write and shortly I will put on my Pj's, cuddle up on the couch with a glass of Riesling, something chocolate and just enjoy time to my self.

xx Sara

1 comment:

Denise said...

pjs, wine, chocolate and trashy tv...sounds like a perfect night.