Friday, April 30, 2010

Looking for the light

The light at the end of the tunnel of this hot mess that is congestion and misery of course!

The first day off from running when I am sick almost comes as a relief. It is a real reason to take it easy, catch up on my daytime TV and just give my body a break. I guess getting sick is my body's way of saying "Hey, remember me? This vessel you've been beating up on with all your long runs lately? Give me a B-R-E-A-K!" And I totally get it body, I love and appreciate you so I will give you a days rest. And you know what I would even love to give you two, because you mean that much to me. But three days, and I am really starting to loose my patience.

With each passing day that my sinuses stayed blocked, I added a sad face and "sick" to my training calendar, knowing all too well I shouldn't push myself. I could almost feel the fitness draining out of my legs and my belly bloating up from no exercise. With out breathing right I wasn't even able to do yoga. Boo Hiss.

SICK. SICK. SICK. When will it end?

Thankfully yesterday I was able to breathe through my nose for a significant amount of the day and managed to hack up only half a lung, and that was in the morning. Feeling well enough for some exercise I decided a two-ish mile run/jog along the tow bath with Boyfriend would be just enough to make me feel like I wasn't turning into a sloth. I couldn't have asked for anything better, even the weather wanted to cooperate and get warmer for me. By the end of the whole thing I had even broken a (very tiny) sweat. Promptly upon returning home I took advantage of my current energy and positive attitude, rolled out the pink yoga mat, and did a nice 10 minute core workout.

What is that glimmer up ahead. . . could it be. . . light?

Things I can enjoy now that I can enjoy breathing: Running and Flowers!
xx Sara

No comments: