Friday, September 10, 2010

Fresh as Fall


The past two days I may have been in a slump. I may have felt like there just weren't enough hours today. And this morning when I woke up at 6am and it was still dark I realized why. It's that time of year again. Fall. Don't get me wrong, I love fall. I can find something beautiful and amazing about every season, and fall in particular I can find many somethings. Running amongst the rainbow of changing foliage, the cool temperatures for long runs, apple cider (cold and hot), cider donuts, the need for chic running jackets (Like THIS ONE), my lungs love the crisp fresh air and of course it is the height of marathon season.

At the moment I am bogged down my work, boyfriend, friends, Team Challenge (Please donate today!), and just trying to have a life. The days are getting shorter, and fitting everything in just seems like a chore some days. I have to keep reminding myself of all the good things that come with the season change. Yes the fall may be more challenging but it brings a fresh change and perhaps I will start breathing better. After my little bitty set back from the past two days, I was very excited to wake up early today and hit the treadmill before work. A little Jackson 5, N'sync and four miles later I felt like myself again. I'm glad I let my body take the break it was asking for. I don't want to get in the habit of skipping runs, but I am happy to know I can survive if it happens every now and again. And I am really happy that I have lots of people around me who support me and push me forward when I am falling back.

Are you in love with fall and all things pumpkin flavor as much as I am? This weekend I am testing out a new pumpkin cupcake recipe, after my 15 mile long run of course!

xx Sara

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i LOVE fall, for all the reasons you mentioned and then some : ) kudos to you for having such a positive and balanced outlook on things!